Background

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our Newest Member

So I've been slacking on an update on Baby Girl Beffa. Now is as good of a time as any although I can not get her ultrasound pictures to format correctly. Hopefully I'll be able to add a picture soon!

Baby girl is doing great - she is measuring right at 27 weeks (perfectly on-time). However, it appears as though baby girl doesn't want to wait until October 11th to join our family. I went to the dr on Tuesday for some spotting and they confirmed I am dilated. I was immediately put on bed rest until I could get an ultrasound on Wednesday.

Ultrasound was completed Wednesday evening and I got the call today that I am on bed rest for the foreseeable future. There is a funnel hole in the cervix, which gets bigger when I put pressure on it by standing/walking etc.

Friday they are going to do a fetal fibronectin test to detect any signs of per-term labor. The good news is that I am not contracting at all. They will continue to do weekly ultrasounds to measure my cervix and will re-evaluate the bed rest restrictions each week.

For now, baby is doing great and as long as she stays in there for apx 10 more weeks we'll be good to go. Bed rest is really hard with an 18 month old since I can't lift him, drive anywhere except the doctor or even do laundry (okay so that one isn't so bad). It's been 2 days so far and I'm already ready to go places, as everyone knows I am not one to sit around or not go places.

Please keep us in your prayers and I'll be sure to keep the blog updated with our progress.