Background

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Friday Test Results

So now that I find myself with all this free time just laying on the couch, the posts will likely be pretty frequent. Plus, it's easier on everyone that placing a whole bunch of calls.

So test results from this week were semi-good. Friday I had a fetal fibronectin test to detect a protein that is released while your body prepares for labor. We were called at 9pm last night with the negative results from the test. This is a very good sign as it predicts with a 98% chance of labor in the next two weeks.

I also saw the doctor who does not believe I am any more dilated than I was on Tuesday. This is all good news that the bed rest is preventing anything from getting worse at this point.

I have another repeat ultrasound on Wednesday and a fetal fibronectin test again in two weeks. I'm still on bed rest and have had a lot of time to surf the net, watch tv, and catch up on magazines.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, they worked this week!!